Yes! YOU have a chance to be featured in an actual Raccoon Toons comic strip! I’m totally serious! One of you will be drawn into and featured in a comic strip! How cool is that?! Just follow these handy dandy instructions and you’ll be well on your way to bragging rights and internet stardom!
1. If you’re on facebook, be a REAL fan and “like” us on facebook. You can go to the fan page by clicking this link or by hitting the “facebook” button to the right of this post. Don’t be misled by the title of our fan page. It’s still using the old name of the website (www.mattandmichael.com) because facebook is lame and won’t let me change it. Believe me. I’ve tried. It annoys me to no end. And I’ve let them know about it. Repeatedly.
2. This is the important part. You need to share your favorite comic strip post with your friends. Doesn’t matter how. You can broadcast it into facebook land, do some tweetage, email it to a friend, or sit your grandmother down in front of the “kuhm-pyoo-ter” and show it to her yourself. But it HAS to be your favorite. I don’t want you to just choose the latest comic strip on the page. Look through the archives. Go way back if you have to. Find your favorite. Something that speaks to your soul. Share it with people you really care about. Boom. That’s it. Easy.
3. Once you have shared your favorite (or favorites) with your friends (I assume you have more than one friend because my readers are all smart, fun, good-looking, and delightful people), let me know how you shared it. Leave a comment on the website, or on the facebook fan page, or send me an email. I don’t care how you let me know, but I can’t enter your name into the drawing if you don’t let me know. So let me know.
4. For those of you who have some strange internet form of Social Anxiety Disorder and can’t fathom the idea of sharing something with some of your friends, you can also be entered into this promotion by making a donation to the website.
5. Eat a cookie. This part is non-negotiable. Seriously. Eat a cookie. You deserve it.
That’s it! That’s all there is to it! You have until the end of January. After that, I will choose a name at random and this person WILL be drawn and featured in an upcoming Raccoon Toons comic strip. What! Good luck to you all. We’re all counting on you.